Just a quick post about what I’m up to this summer!
I returned last weekend from an incredible trip to Jasper National Park with my sister, where we hiked, rode horses, swam, and road-tripped for an entire week around the Canadian Rockies. After a red-eye flight home, I also performed my Headlines solo one final time at Somerville Arts Council’s wonderful ArtBeat festival on Sat. July 14th. I was so happy to be a part of this amazing event along with Liz Powers, Continuum Dance Project, Connections Dance Theater, and Ruckus Dance (and very relieved that my adrenaline carried my extremely tired self through this difficult solo!).
Moving forward until the fall, I will be…
- Teaching evening technique classes and at summer intensive (contemporary and improvisation for intermediate/advanced dancers) for Wilmington Dance Academy
- Teaching a weekly ballet and creative movement class at the Yawkey Boys & Girls Club in Roxbury for Boston Ballet
- Continuing my work for Boston Ballet’s Education & Community Initiatives – I am working closely with program manager Emily Singleton to update our curriculum for the BBS on Location program for the 2018-2019 school year; and helping out at the annual Adaptive Dance Teacher Training later in July
- Working with directors Chris Di Nunzio and Skip Shea, as well as musician Josh Knowles, to put the finishing touches (!) on my dance film, Deviation, Twice Removed – I am also planning a premiere screening event at Capo Restaurant & Supper Club in South Boston for September (stay tuned for the exact date and time!)
- Participating in a 3-day Gaga workshop at Green Street Studios in August with Mario Zambrano, taking classes in Gaga/dancers as well as Ohad Naharin’s repertory
- Planning what’s next! After touring a solo this year, I am beginning to think about creating a group piece next so am busily working on a concept, research, and recruitment; details coming soon!
Happy summer to all!